Applying On Page SEO is an effective technique to increase your search engine rankings. You need to learn the On Page SEO helps your web pages to increase page rank in search engine results.
On page SEO helps you to promote your site and this technique is popular because it helps you to get higher SERP (Search Engine Rank Position). This SEO consists of following techniques:
- Your keyword density should be moderate in the overall web pages. Don’t do keyword stuffing.
- Application of Bold / Strong, Italic / Emphasize and Underline: Search engine spiders look for words on a web page which are bold, italic or underlined. If you put important words within these tags, then search engines take them as important keywords and their search will be optimized on those keywords. These are plain syntax you can follow:
<b> On Page SEO </b>
<strong> On Page SEO </strong>
<i> On Page SEO </i>
<em> On Page SEO </em>
<u> On Page SEO </u>
- Text size: You can set important headings of the paragraphs bigger than the original text. Heading tag (H tag) is appropriate to do that. In on page SEO, the texts within heading tag are easily tracked by the search engines.
<h1> On Page SEO </h1>
- Title: The title tag is an important On Page SEO element, often ignored by different webmasters. The content within <title> must be unique. If you have five web pages, then the title in each page should be unique. Otherwise, search engines will treat them as duplicate content and may skip your important pages having duplicate title tag texts. Don’t fill up the title content with so many keywords. That way your web page may again be ignored by search engines.
<title> …. </title>
- Meta Description: Your description is important for search engine spiders. You should avoid too small and too long descriptions. Length of description should not exceed 160 characters. Just like title description, Meta description should be unique and should not be excessive with keywords.
<meta name=”description” content=”……”>
- Meta Keywords: Search engine spiders hugely rely on Meta keywords. You can put 10-15 keywords separated by comma (,). The keywords you choose should be relevant to the content of your page. In website optimization, pages should not be very focused on all the keywords. Only one or two keywords should be properly highlighted throughout the page content.
<meta name=”keywords” content=”……”>
- Image tagging: Use <alt> to tag images with keywords. When searched with proper keywords, search engines find the proper images. If image file is given proper name, that gives search engines to find right kind of images in their results.
- Internal Link Structuring: Pages of the website should be internally linked. If the site’s internal navigation is well structured, then search engines will find each website page quite easily.
- URL name: The name of the URL or domain name is also important in On Page SEO. Too long URL names stuffed with keywords are rejected by search engines. And the URL name should not contain much numbers. The web page name should describe the subject in short. If you have contents on direct response graphics and minisites on a single we page, then name the page as minisite-graphics.html. Don’t use names like page2.html. Neither search engine spiders can identify such pages nor you can easily track your page contents quickly if you use page names like that.
- Sitemap: Include a sitemap for your website. Without having a sitemap makes your web pages difficult to find through searching. A sitemap will keep your web pages indexed and search engine bots will find them easily. Even for visitors a sitemap helps them to easily navigate.
For a good website optimization, make your page coding bug free. Erroneous pages are skipped by search engines. You need to validate your page coding. Check your pages with W3C validator. Once your page is validated as per international standard and you apply all the On page SEO techniques, your page will have a better page rank in all major search engine results.