What is a minisite?
Minisites are direct response websites with a specific call for action. They usually have less number of pages compared to conventional websites. They are focused at generating business or leads fast. While many minisites follow the direct selling approach to sell a product or service online, some collect data of online visitors on its page, some offer membership programs, some pre-sell the product and redirect the users to another website. Somehow, it all leads to business generation.
Elements of a minisite:
While learning about minisite design you have to understand the elements of it. Some of the key elements that you may find in a professional minisite are:
· 3D Ebook covers or ebox cover designs
· Testimonial box
· Guarantee logo
· Newsletter or Optin box
· Order or Download button
· Background tile
· Headline, Titles and Subtitles
· Bullet points
· Supporting graphics, screenshots, charts
· Pop-up windows
· Text content
These online graphic design elements are used as a part of an integrated sales conversion tool. With the impact of the graphics and motivated content, a sales pitch is created to instantly persuade the visitors in taking a ‘favourable action’.
Promoting a minisite:
Once your minisite design is complete, you need number of visitors (traffic) for a good conversion rate. Targeted traffic forms the most important part towards the success of a minisite. Promotion of a minisite consists of several marketing techniques:
- Paid advertisement or pay per click method
- Link exchange with other sites
- Organic search engine optimization
Additionally, you can place animated banner ads to external sites for a better promotion.
Success with minisites:
Minisites are gaining popularity among small business and entrepreneurs. Some of the reasons for the exponential growth of minisites are:
· It is easier to design minisite and business owners can design it on their own if they have basic knowledge of HTML.
· A minisite can be designed in very little time.
· The price for designing a minisite is cheaper than a conventional website. There is no design cost for business owners who can design their own site.
· Minisites are designed with the sole purpose of call for action.
· It is easier for the site owner to edit the graphics and content of the minisite in less time.
In case you want to start your business or to promote your product, minisites are ideal for you. By using a balanced mix of content and graphics your minisite can turn into a money making ‘cash machine’!
That’s your big business opportunity in mini-style!